New Berlin Jr./Sr. High School
2012-2013 School Year
Mr. Kindred’s Class Information Sheet
Mr. Kindred’s Schedule…
1st 8th Grade Alg. 1
2nd 8th Grade Math
4th Prep time
5th GTT–Design & Modeling
1st 7th Grade Math
2nd 7th Grade Math
4th 7th Grade Math Skills
5th Prep time
I. Materials Needed
a. A separate notebook designated for math only. (Prefer 180 pages)
b. Pencils… (Prefer pencils, but erasable pens may also be used)
c. Text Book (provided)
d. Calculator(Not provided due to issues of theft)(Cell phone calculators are prohibited)
II. Class Expectations
a. Be seated and prepared when the bell rings.
b. DO Extra Practice WORK OUTSIDE OF CLASS
c. Take & maintain notes from daily lessons in a separate notebook designated for math only.
d. Perform work at the board.
e. Work cooperatively in small groups.
III. Class Rules (in addition to all school rules specific to the student handbook)
a. Follow directions first time given.
b. Use of Inappropriate language and/or behavior is prohibited.
c. Bring all necessary materials to class.
d. Leaving the room for forgotten items will result in a tardy.
e. No Cell Phone use in class AND must be on silent. (FYI…Vibrate is NOT considered silent)
*** Corrective Measures include... Verbal Warning / Detention / Parent Contact
IV. Grading system
a. Daily Work
1) “Do Now” exercises/Small Group work (participation grade)(3 pts) @ 5% of final grade
- Approximately 5 problems assigned at the beginning of every period.
- To be completed in student notebooks.
2) Daily Notes. (5 – 10 pts) @ 10% of final grade
- To be completed in a separate notebook designated for math only.
3) Homework Quiz (15 – 20 pts) @ 30% of final grade
- Approximately 8 – 10 problems assigned for completion during class.
- May use notebook during these assessments
4) Extra Practice – Assignments completed outside of class earn 2 extra credit points. Must have necessary work AND be completed ON TIME. Late work??? 1 extra credit pt. will be granted for those completing assignment 1 day late in lunch-time homework study hall. This completed work must be signed and dated by HW study hall teacher the day it’s completed.
b. Quiz Work – Worth 50 pts. per quiz @ 20% of final grade
c. Test Work – Worth 100 pts. per test @ 35% of final grade
d. Extra Credit
- Earned by doing Extra Practice work ON TIME
- Not be assigned on an individual basis